The Netia Ethernet solution is based on a symmetrical link, which will ensure high connection stability for your company. As part of it, you also gain the highest level of connection security.
High scalability of the service and simultaneous simplicity of managing data transmitted through it thanks to the use of a uniform Ethernet protocol.
Netia Ethernet is fully managed by Netia - so your IT team does not have to deal with the administration of the WAN network and network devices, which frees up more time for other projects.
The service’s topologies:
The Netia Ethernet service can be implemented in various topologies depending on the Customer's needs.
It is characterized by the fact that each physical port in the Customer's branch has its counterpart in the form of a physical Ethernet port located in its headquarters. These are independent Ethernet data transmission channels. Each of these channels can be characterized by different parameters, and any type of service can be used to build a solution.
It is characterized by the fact that all physical ports from the company's branches converge on a single physical port in the customer's central location, in which individual relationships are distinguished thanks to the appropriate 802.1q tag (each relationship - from the point of view of the customer's central location - has an appropriate VLAN number).
What is Ethernet?
Ethernet is a standard communication protocol used in local area networks, urban MAN networks, and wide area networks (WANs) to connect computers, servers, printers, and other devices with each other to the network and the Internet.
Ethernet made its debut in the 1980s as a way of connecting devices located in close proximity. It has been a mainstay of most business networks for the past 40 years due to its scale, reliability and ease of deployment. It provides access to the most modern solutions, resources and functionalities, thanks to the constant increase in data transfer speed.
It is currently the most widespread technology in local area networks (LANs). However, it goes beyond local solutions, enabling companies to use Ethernet in their wide area networks (WANs) and allowing large enterprises to connect to distributed branch offices and data centres. It also facilitates the implementation of a number of applications by accessing various network technologies, such as virtual private networks (VPN).
Who is the Netia Ethernet solution useful for?Netia Ethernet is a service dedicated to customers who:
• have a centralized architecture of their network (applications, service servers, corporate data resources are colocated in data centers or at the company's headquarters).
• require fast, reliable and symmetrical connections between the company's branches and the central location via one uniform Ethernet network, within one or several Ethernet nodes.
• do not want to implement protocols and devices of the third layer of the OSI model in their network (this means the possibility of reducing costs by eliminating active network devices such as routers)
• expect the highest level of security at the connection level from the solution.
• require regular backups of all computers in the corporate network, which requires high bandwidth.
• conduct activities related to the distribution of large amounts of content, such as multimedia presentations, video broadcasts, e-learning, or distance lectures.
• provide video monitoring or video-transmission services.
• expect support for centralized IT systems that require high transmission parameters, in which data exchange between units must be carried out continuously and without time delays (e.g. SAP, ERP, CRM systems).
• remotely manage networks and servers, and the key issue in their activity is to back up the systems they take care of.
What are the benefits of Netia Ethernet?• Providing a symmetric link with high throughput
• Security - Routing in case of physical link failure (Layer 2)
• SLA guarantee, QOS
• CIR throughput guarantee
• Maintenance of the service
• Relatively low price
• High scalability with simultaneous simplicity of managing data transmitted via the service (a uniform Ethernet protocol is used throughout the network)
What does the Netia Ethernet service include?The Netia Ethernet service provides:
• access link to the Customer's location (implemented in technology adapted to the needs of the solution and with the capacity resulting from the Customer's requirements)
• network topology according to the customer's needs
• delivery of end devices - if necessary (CE switches)
• management of CE switches depending on the client's needs
• transmission of all types of traffic
• guarantees of service parameters covered by the SLA contract along with discounts
What is broadband Internet and how does it work?
Broadband Internet is a type of Internet connection characterized by high data transfer speed, measured in Kbps, Mbps or Gbps. Such connections enable DSL family technologies (ADSL, SDSL, etc.) and, for example, cable connections of television networks, satellite connections or permanent wireless connections.
Broadband Internet connections use dedicated types of lines and cables for data transmission, which are used exclusively for Internet access. This makes it possible to transfer large files, high-quality images, films, watch web TV, participate in videoconferences, and use many advanced internet services.
What Ethernet technologies are available?
Ethernet is a standard initially used in building local computer networks, and now also in wide area networks. It includes the specification of cables and the signals transmitted by them. Ethernet also describes the packet format and protocols in the two lowest OSI layers, and its specification is defined in the IEEE 802.3 standard.
10Mbps Ethernet technologies:
10Base2 - uses a coaxial cable running between all network cards connected to the network. The cards are connected using a tee, to which a cable is connected using a BNC connector.
10Base5 - a standard from 1980, enabling the construction of segments up to 500 m long. It operated at a speed of 10 Mb/s.
10BaseF - Ethernet specification with a baseband of 10 Mbps, referring to the 10BaseFB, 10BaseFL, 10BaseFP standards, using fiber optic cable.
10BaseFB, 10BaseFL, 10BaseFP - Ethernet specifications with a baseband of 10 Mbps using fiber optic cable.
10BaseT – Ethernet specification with a baseband of 10 Mb/s, using two twisted pairs.
10BaseFX – 100Mbps Fast Ethernet broadband specification using two fiber optic cables.
10Broad36 - An Ethernet specification with a baseband of 10Mbps, using the broadband coaxial cable used to carry the television signal.
100Mbps Ethernet technologies:
100BaseT - Fast Ethernet - a standard for high-speed transmission for local networks with a capacity of 100 Mb/s in a star topology.
100BaseT4, 100BaseTX, 100BaseX - 100Mbps Fast Ethernet broadband specifications.
100BaseVG – 100 Mb/s standard proposed by Hewlett-Packard.
100VG-AnyLAN - 100Mbps Fast Ethernet technology plus Token.
1000Mbps Ethernet technologies:
1000BaseLX, 1000BaseSX – Gigabit Ethernet technologies that use data transmission via fiber optic cable.
1000BaseT – Gigabit Ethernet technology that transmits data over twisted pair.
1000BaseCX - allows you to transmit data over a 150 Ohm cable for a maximum distance of 25 meters.
10Gbps Ethernet technologies:
10GBaseLX4 - has a range of 240 or 300 m for multi-mode fibers or 10 km - for single-mode fibers.
10GBaseLR - Ethernet using single-mode fibers, allowing data transmission over a distance of 10 km.
10GBaseER – Ethernet using single-mode fibers, allowing data transmission over a distance of 40 km.
10GBaseSW, 10GBaseLW and 10GBaseEW - equivalents of 10GBaseSR, 10GBaseLR and 10GBaseER that use synchronous transmission over the same fiber types and distances.
6BONE - is a test network of IPv6 (the latest, sixth version of the Internet Protocol).
What are the available topologies within an Ethernet network?The topology of a network determines how its elements are interconnected. There are physical and logical topologies. The physical topology defines the way stations and network devices are physically connected, and the logical topology - their way of communication with each other.
Bus-type networks (Ethernet 10Base-2):
They are built using a coaxial cable, and the length of one network segment is a maximum of 185 m. Computers are connected to the cable with tees.
The ends of each network segment must also be equipped with appropriate terminators at the ends.
Star networks (Ethernet - 10Base-T, Fast Ethernet - 100Base-TX):
This is a commonly used solution due to a much lower failure rate. The length of the cable from the hub to the computer can be up to 100 m.